tephen Vrbanac is a partner with Weaver Simmons LLP. Mr. Vrbanac has a practice that focuses primarily upon advising clients and liaising with their professional advisers in respect to corporate / commercial transactions. In such transactions, he provides advice to clients in respect to appropriate business structures, negotiating and drafting relevant transactional documents including real property agreements of purchase and sale, commercial leases, asset and share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements and required security documents. On a daily basis, he provides counsel to small and medium sized business clients and he advises clients on estate administration and estate planning issues. In his role as Assistant City Solicitor with the City of Greater Sudbury, he was responsible for drafting and defending municipal by-laws, providing both in camera and public recommendations to municipal Councillors and advising procurement officials in respect to municipal tenders. Stephen is an avid skier and curler and he enjoys classic automobiles.
Professional and Community Activities
Mr. Vrbanac is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and Sudbury District Law Association and has been a past speaker and organizer of continuing legal education programs sponsored by the Law Society of Ontario. He has served as a board member of the Sudbury Manitoulin Community Care Access Centre, the Sudbury and District Association for Community Living, the Copper Cliff Curling Club and Sudbury Metro Centre.
- University of Ottawa – LL.B. (1984)
- Laurentian University – B.A. (1980)
Memberships & Associations:
- Law Society of Ontario – Member and past speaker for the Law Society of Ontario continuing legal education programs
- Canadian Bar Association
- Sudbury and District Law Association
- Sudbury Manitoulin Community Care Access Centre – Past Board Member
- Sudbury and District Association for Community Living – Past Board Member
- Sudbury Metro Centre – Past Board Member
- Copper Cliff Curling Club – Past President and Board Member
Book a Consultation