Practice Areas[vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id="ups-sidebar-profile-top-right"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"]
[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/1" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" id="contact-form"]
Michael, a Sudbury born and raised fellow, has been practicing law in the community since 1979. Initially this was with the firm of Parise & Hennessy, and later as a solo practitioner under the name Hennessy Law. While the early years involved lawsuits and civil litigation work, since the 1990s his focus has been on solicitor’s work – namely real estate, corporate commercial and wills and estates. Michael is proud to have served and grown with several enterprising clients – in the business world, and in the public sector and not for profit sector. This has involved work not only with the enterprises, but also with the individuals in the organization. Since 2004 Michael has been a lawyer member of the Consent and Capacity Board (Ont.). This adjudicative tribunal hears cases dealing with mental capacity, frequently involving psychiatric patients and their physicians. It is not a major part of his work, but it is something that is a refreshing and occasionally humbling change from his usual work. Away from the office, Michael is keen to get active outdoors in all seasons. He also takes a special interest in the goings on with his 3 adult children.
- Juris Doctor, from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University, 1976
- Master of Business Administration, Laurentian University, 1985
- For a number of years Michael has been and continues as an active member of the Ethics Committees of Health Sciences North, and Maison Hospice McCullough
- former member of the Board of Directors, Sudbury Credit Union – 6 years
- former President (1989), Sudbury District Law Association, and Executive committee member for 5 years preceding
- former Northeast Ontario representative 6 years of Federation of Ontario Law Associations, formerly CDLPA. (1990s)
- Inaugural Vice Chair, Board of Directors Library Co.
- Law Society of Ontario
- Sudbury & District Law Association