Weaver, Simmons LLP is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our Sudbury office.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, scanning of accounting support and client bills, assisting clients with their payments at the window, preparing and processing client bills, processing expense reports and verifying daily bank balances according to established procedures.
- Open/Close Client/Customer files
- Input, process and reconcile accounts payables
- Input, process and reconcile monthly Visa Statements
- Monitor and reconcile petty cash
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Input and process employee expense reports
- Assist clients at cash window, i.e., accept payments and provide receipts
- Assist with cheque requisitions for client card/file disbursements
- Input and process other non-client/customer payments
- Review client/customer billings and client accounts
- Post-secondary or vocational college diploma in Accounting or a minimum of four years of experience in an Accounting department
- Experience with PC Law is an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of general office administration and reception duties
- Intermediate math and problem-solving capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge of the workings of an accounting department
- Proficient knowledge of computer software programs including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow through until tasks are fully completed
- Willingness to learn pertinent rules and regulations
- Commitment to self-learning
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Great Work Ethic, including punctuality and willingness to work overtime on occasion as required
Weaver, Simmons LLP offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package and a commitment to a long-term working relationship.
Applicants with interest are invited to apply online or forward resumes on a personal and confidential basis to Zachary Azzola at email@example.com, or by hard copy to Weaver, Simmons LLP, 233 Brady St., Suite 400, Sudbury, ON, P3B 4H5.
Weaver, Simmons LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview and selection process.
Weaver, Simmons LLP encourages applications be received by November 30th, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org