Richard is a partner with Weaver, Simmons LLP. He was raised in Elliot Lake, Ontario. He went on to complete his post-secondary studies at Laurentian University and was admitted into law school at the age of 19. He completed his studies exclusively in French and earned his law degree from l’Université de Moncton. He joined Weaver Simmons soon thereafter. Since his call to the Ontario Bar in 2009, Richard’s practice has been focused on personal injury litigation, insurance law, civil litigation and commercial litigation where he has successfully appeared as counsel in a number of trials, motions and appeals. Richard is bilingual and practices law in both official languages.
Outside of the office, Richard spends his time lifting weights and putting them down as well as playing with his Great Dane, but his greatest enjoyment comes from spending quality time with his wife and two young children.
- Université de Moncton – LL.B. (2008)
- Laurentian University – Law and Justice (2005)
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Sudbury District Law Association
- Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
- Association des juristes d’expression française du Nouveau Brunswick