He is a Bencher of the Law Society of Ontario; a member of the Canadian Bar Association; the National Bar Association in the U.S.; the Ontario Bar Association (“OBA”) and sat on Council of the OBA; a member of the Canadian Association of Black Lawyers (C.A.B.L.); Advocates’ Society and sat on the Board of Directors of the Advocates’ Society and is Past President of the Sudbury District Law Association. Member of the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (“CACE”). He is a past member of the Governing Council of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, sat on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and is the Past Chair of the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce. Member of Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario (“HRPAO”).
He sits on the Board of Directors of the Weengushk Film Institute; the Afro Heritage Association; Founder and Chair of the Michaelle Jean Sudbury Afro-heritage Fund sat on the National Advocacy Council of the Canadian Diabetes Association and served as the Association’s legal counsel and sat on the Program Committee of the Canadian National Exhibition Association “CNEA”, sat on its Strategic Policy and Innovation Committee as well as the Governance and Nominating Committee and sits on the Governance Committee of the CNEA.
He has also taught both a sports and criminal law course at Laurentian University, guest lectures from time to time at Laurentian, Western University and Osgoode Hall on Employment Law and Occupational Health and Safety matters, respectively, as well as frequently gives presentations and seminars to various organizations in such topic areas.
- B.Sc.; B.A. – Concordia University;
- M.A. – McGill University;
- LL.B – University of Alberta
- Bencher – Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (“CACE”)
- National Bar Association (USA)
- Human Resources Professional Association (“HRPAO”)
- Founder and Chair of Michaelle Jean Sudbury Afro-heritage Fund
- Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Sudbury District Law Association (Past President)
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canada Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- The Advocates’ Society